- Highest grade points in M.A. and M.Phil at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Awarded Merit Scholarship for M.Phil from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Awarded I.C.H.R. (Indian Council of Historical Research) grant to carry out research work for Ph.D.
- Awarded I.C.S.S.R. (Indian Council of Social Science Research) grant to undertake fieldwork in Bombay in connection with Ph.D work.
- Awarded Third Prize in Essay Competition on Environment held by the Director, Environment Department, Haryana, Chandigarh, 1994-95.
1. Awarded Scholarship from George Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research, Braunschweig, Germany, 2006, to carry research work on analysis of social studies textbooks from the point of view of Gender and Peace, 2006.
2. Awarded Scholarship by the Asian Scholarship Foundation to undertake Research Work on Gender and Peace: Education Policy, Curriculum and Social Studies Textbooks in Maldives, 2006-07.
3. Scholarship given by MASHAV, Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation to present and participate in the International Workshop on Violence against Women & Children, Haifa, Israel, October 29-November 9, 2012
4. Working group leader for the session on inequality, achievement in science and mathematics across gender, marginalized community and learners with special education needs, in Science and Mathematics Education: The Way Forward Policy Dialogue, British Council, UNESCO, NCERT, New Delhi 9th-10th January, 2013
5. Resource Person & Participant for “Gender Equality: Issues and Way Forward for the SAARC Region”, Islamabad, Pakistan, March 18-23, 2013
6. Panelist for the session “Program and Monitoring” at the International Conference on Girls’ and women’s literacy and education: Foundations for Sustainable Development, organised by Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in partnership with UNESCO, Dhaka, 8th September 2014
7. Individual Consultant for UNESCO Tashkent Project on Strengthening Gender Equality through Public Education System, 2019